Sunday, April 5, 2009
Day 40 and Last day of the Campaign!
368 Babies Saved!
Well fellow prayer warriors, today marks the last day of the Spring Campaign for 40 Days for Life, but not the actual end!! No, I believe it is the beginning. Denise, co-coordinator here in Raleigh, said something different is happening. More people are stepping up and speaking out, God is definitely moving. This is just the beginning. It's funny because obviously, according to society we are outnumbered, but according to God's way of doing things, that is just when He likes to step in! I don't know about you, but it is an exciting time to be on the Lord's side! Let's pray He opens the eyes and hearts of many, especially our President. Let's continue to pray for President Obama, for we are to bless our enemies, and pray for those who persecute us.
I haven't written lately because there has been so much going on in the Pro Life Movement, and it seemed better to pass that information along to keep everyone informed. But with the conclusion of 40 Days for Life I would like to share with you a couple of things the Lord seemed to impress upon my heart:
1) Everything I do is because of my love for the Lord, because He first loved me, and anything I do of any worth or value is from Him.
2) I am not responsible for the results, only my obedience and love for others, and even that comes from Him.
3) It is truly a sheer joy to lay down my life for God and others. No drug, no alcohol, no sexual encounter, no money, no nothing, has ever compared to the joy I have experienced from doing God's will.
4) There is something special brothers and sisters in Christ share when on the front lines of battle, and it is an honor to serve with everyone in this battle.
5) God is beyond any of the most glorious words I could ever say. He is God.
6) I love Him because He first loved me.
If any of you have felt the Lord impress something upon your hearts and would like to share, please do.
We are also starting a Pro Life Ministry at our church, with two of the projects being to pray at the clinic one afternoon a month, and to have a church baby shower for a Crisis Pregnancy Center. Those two things are very simple, but what if we had 30 more churches to participate! It would cover the entire month for prayer at the clinic, and provide plenty of resources for the Crisis Pregnancy Center, which struggles to make ends meet sometimes! Regardless, let's all continue to pray and help in every way we can to protect the sanctity of life that comes from our God and Creator!! I am so thankful, for tomorrow is a new and fresh day, with great plans to be made about the upcoming fall campaign, and getting many more churches involved! So don't slow down prayer warriors, and thanks for everything all of you have done! It has mattered a lot in the Kingdom of God!!
With great love for all of you!!