Friday, April 17, 2009

1 Corinthians 10:31 (NIV)

31So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.

I had an exciting afternoon. After work I came home, crawled in bed, pulled the covers over my head and proceeded to tell the Lord why this life was not for me anymore. The list went something like this: Lord, I am tired and overwhelmed, and it is just too much for me...there is so much to do and is it even making a difference? Lord, we are not winning, everything is stacked against us....Lord, I am really tired and lonely and broke. It would be nice to just run away and start over somewhere fresh, but I can't afford it and my car won't make it anyway....Lord, I really have no more energy to go on, it just doesn't seem like anything is working out...and so went my list of crying to the Lord. Have you ever done that? Please someone, tell me you have!! It is a desperate feeling, and the entire time I was also asking the Lord to help me. It is one of those places we get to where we truly need His refreshment. We are nothing but bone dry, and need a Word from Him. So I continued to lay there, whining and begging with my cats looking at me in a strange way. By this time the covers had come down from over my head. All of a sudden, a very still quiet voice spoke to my heart. Get up and do everything for Me. Live for Me. You know what? I could feel life flowing back through my veins, and I had a reason to get up. It wasn't because of the Pro Life movement. It wasn't because of the list of things I needed to accomplish. It wasn't because of work. It wasn't because of my children. It wasn't even because of me. It was because of Him. Jesus. I understood more clear than I ever have. I am doing EVERYTHING I am doing because of Him. Every breath I breathe, every meal I eat, every moment I live is for Him. It is all for Him. So, today I got out of bed and started back in life refreshed, all for Him. He is so good, and I love Him so much. So....will one of you please remind me of this next month when once again the covers are pulled over my head??

Pam






14 comments:

TRUTH SHARER said...

Oh Pam:

Did you write this or did I? Seriously - we must have bunked together!!! LOL! I have said some of these same words to the Lord recently - like yesterday! I am physically worn to the core and to the aching bone! But I know that each time I feel my own weakness - he reminds me of His Mighty Strength and Power. He is my ROCK -my Portion - my Strength - my Strong Tower - my Redeemer and Friend! Praise GOD - He will not fail me - even if my body does!! I love Him so much!

Choosing Joy,
Stephanie
[Kneeling in Prayer]

Pam said...

Thanks Stephanie! I needed to hear that someone else has those days! Yes, you are right. He is so wonderful, more than I could ever deserve! Or should ever! We will praise Him together! Love ya!

Tammy said...

Pam,
There are times I feel like I take one step forward then two steps back. But then God reminds me that my life isn't mine.

Great post!

Pam said...

You are so right Tammy. Can you remind me of that in a couple of weeks? I have got to keep that in my selfish heart!

Chris said...

Never give up! God walks with you. Always!

Pam said...

Thank you Chris...

LisaShaw said...

Pam we have ALL been there don't let anyone fool you (smile) if they try. It doesn't matter how long we've been saved or how strong our walk is with the Lord we ALL have the "cry out" times. The times where we feel weak, drained and at wits end. It is in those times we draw close to our GOD and because of Him; his love and grace we are able to go forward knowing that He is leading the way and when we can't even walk He picks us up until we are strengthened in Him once again.

Stand firm Sister.

Pam said...

Thanks Lisa...

Beth in NC said...

Hi Sweet Pam. Girl, I know how it feels and I'm so glad you heard His voice. Isn't it amazing that He can speak just a couple of words and breathe life right into our beings?

It may appear that the battles you are fighting aren't going so well, but remember -- GOD WINS THE WAR. He is the VICTOR and all of these problems around us are skirmishes. He knew the end from the beginning. Just take a step when He says to "step" and follow His lead. You will touch the lives He wants you to touch my friend.

Bless you,
Beth

Pam said...

You are right Beth, thanks.

Beth Herring said...

Pam, It was only a few days ago I was in the bathtub pouring my heart out to God amidst a torrent of tears.

I am feeling your pain girl! And praying as we know that God is reason enough for each day to be glorious!

Beth

Pam said...

Thanks for sharing that Beth. Yes, you are right...

Van said...

Great post. Yes, I have pulled the covers over my head - OFTEN. And Jesus has come - come to stay beside me, nourish me, smile at me. All I do, I do for HIM.

Pam said...

Van, thank you. I am slowly learning to keep Him in my view at all times.